Altar Servers assist the priest and deacon in the celebration of the Mass so the liturgy can be conducted with grace and reverence. They assist the presider at the chair and at the altar by carrying the processional cross, lighting the candles, holding the books, setting the altar, carrying the incense and a variety of other tasks during the service. This ministry helps to develop a sense of participation in parish life and a love for the church's liturgical life, while growing closer to God in one's own life. It also offers an opportunity to understand the rewards of service toward others and their community. Altar Servers assist all Masses, Stations of the Cross, Benediction, and other special events. Both youth (5th grade and up) and adults are eligible for this ministry. Training normally takes place during the summer and fall or as the need arises.
Please contact the parish office at 410-721-5770.
Altar Server Program Information
More detailed information about the altar server program at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton church can be found by clicking here. This information is intended for anyone who may be interested in becoming an altar server, and for present altar servers who want a review of some basic things they should already know.
- pdf Altar Setup Instructions (522 KB)
- Incense Instructions for Altar Servers
- pdf Serving Mass Summary Chart (237 KB)
- pdf Terms and Definitions for New Altar Servers (314 KB)
- pdf Altar Server Instructions Confirmation Miter and Crosier 11 May 2015 (131 KB)
Notes for Holy Week & Easter
- pdf Stations of the Cross & Benediction (139 KB)
- pdf Palm Sunday (96 KB)
- pdf Holy Thursday (173 KB)
- pdf Good Friday (143 KB)
- pdf Easter Vigil (142 KB)
- pdf Easter Sunday (119 KB)