It is a surreal time for me right now at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton as I am almost closing in on an entire year of being here. On one aspect it feels like if I blink I could still be back in college at Franciscan University. In the other, I blink and think of all the many memories I have already created here. I have been gifted with an incredibly welcoming and loving parish. It has been a blessing to meet all of your wonderful families and youth over the past year. Thank you.
With that, it is an exciting time in our parish for Youth Ministry! With this past year as experience, I am invigorated to meet the needs of our young people. With that involves a new type of ministry, an active ministry. This year’s focus for High School Youth Ministry (HSYM) is on the kerygma, or the good news, prayer, service, and last but not least, fun. Our HSYM is open to all those in high school, not just those in confirmation. We will be kicking off our new year at 5:30 p.m. mass on Sept. 4th. All teens are invited to come and bless their backpacks for the upcoming school year and come to our youth night following the mass to meet our team and see what we have planned for the year. We are also continuing in our Middle School Meet-Ups that occur on every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month. With that I am also excited to announce that we will be doing other big off-site activities with our middle school as well, be on the lookout for updates in the future.
As part of my ministry I always get asked the question by our youth of “How can I help in our Parish?” With the revitalization of the church over the past two years there are plenty of ways to serve. Have you been called to help out the children of our parish? Then Children’s Liturgy of the Word is asking for you. What about helping in the Mass? There are many ways to help in the Mass. From being an altar server, lector, usher, and even a Eucharistic minister. The Church is a place for our children, youth, and teens; we want to see you taking a role in it. If any of these or other areas of our parish are speaking to you, don’t hesitate to reach out to our office. I want to leave you all with a quote from one of Pope Francis’s exhortations Christus Vivit on the importance of our youth today. “Youth is a blessed time for the young and a grace for the Church and for the world. It is joy, a song of hope and a blessing” (No. 135).
Peace and joy,
Sunday Worship Aid
- **TONIGHT** Families New to Faith Formation at Seton! Join us TONIGHT, 8/25 at 6:00pm-7:00, via ZOOM for an introductory meeting. This meeting is encouraged for families new to faith formation at Seton Parish. Join Sarah Jarzembowski Director of Evangelization here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89187913431
- Children’s Choir rehearsals for the 9.30 Mass are on Mondays at 4.30pm, and for the Adults on Wednesdays at 7.00pm. The Praise an Worship Team meets on Tuesdays at 7.00pm.
- We are in need of people for our sacristan and linen cleaning teams. This is a vital behind the scenes ministry that is not too taxing. Please contact Liam Benton email@example.com if interested.
- Applications for Altar Servers are now available on our website and at the Hospitality Table. Please consider having your child sign up for this important ministry Here.
- We are looking for a new Coordinator of Digital Evangelization, please call the parish office if you or someone you know might be interested in this position.
A reminder....although masking is now optional, we encourage all parishioners to use your best judgement about wearing a mask especially if you are not vaccinated or immunocompromised. Please use the hand sanitizers in the Narthex and when you enter the church at the Food Pantry entrance. As always, if you are not feeling well, have a fever or persistent cough, please stay home and watch our live-streamed Mass online.
During the month of August we will be having communion services on weekday while Monsignor is on vacation, so there will be no livestreaming of the 9:00 am weekday Mass for the month of August.