Next Friday (11th) is Veterans Day when we honor all who have served in our country’s military services. In particular, we remember those who paid the supreme sacrifice to protect and defend our American way of life. Also, I want to acknowledge those who currently are serving in the armed forces. Many of our young families are military families. I want to thank them for the sacrifice they make on behalf of us all. THANK YOU, VETS & ALL WHO SERVE!
Congratulations to Xavier Evans who receives First Holy Communion at this weekend's 9:30 Mass. Xavier, we hope this day lives forever in your memory and we pray that you will always stay close to the Lord who’s Body and Blood you now share.
Thank You for your very positive response to this year’s Fall Stewardship Campaign. Over 170 commitment cards were returned last weekend. Your generosity makes possible the good works of the parish.
For those who like to plan ahead, our Christmas Schedule of Masses:
December 24th (Christmas Eve): 4:00 PM, 6:00 PM & 9:30 PM
(Christmas Pageant) 3:15 PM
December 25th (Christmas Day): 11:00 AM
Finally, remember in your prayers the repose of the soul of Thomas Petras (80) whose Mass of Christian Burial will take place this Wednesday (9th) at 11:30 AM. Mr. Petras is survived by his wife Pauline, son Steven and daughter Christine. May he rest in peace.
Have a good week!
- The Seton Christmas Holiday Outreach is now underway. The programs will support Marian House and families who visit the Food Pantry, as well as provide gifts & meals to 68 senior citizens and 75 families at St. Gregory’s in Baltimore. Please see the Holiday Insert in the bulletin this week or on the Parish website for information on how you can help.
- The Thanksgiving Food Drive is underway! Help us reach our goal of 600 meals. See the flyer on our website for ways that you can help this year.
- Save the Date! Breakfast with Santa will be on Sunday, December 4th. There will be two seatings – 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Tickets go on sale the weekend of November 13th. Get your tickets early as no tickets will be sold at the door.
- Calling Young Artists! Each year we send a mailing to all registered households and, like last year, we want the Christmas card to feature artwork from our youth! Download the form, have your child create their art and drop it off at the office by November 20th.
- Share your musical talent this holiday season! Brendan is looking for additional individuals to join the choir for Christmas. Rehearsals are on Tuesdays at 7 p.m. for teens and Wednesdays at 7 p.m. for adults.