Join St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and St. Joseph’s Odenton parishes for VBS 2017, July 10 – 14, 2017 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. each day at School of the Incarnation. This year’s theme is Maker Fun Factory – Created by God Built for a Purpose, and students in grades Pre-K - 5th will engage in Bible, Art, Music, Games Justice and Imagination Station activities in a fun and creative setting. pdf Registration forms (704 KB) are available should be returned to St. Elizabeth Ann Seton by May 30, 2017.
Adult Volunteers are needed to lead Stations and Crews! Please complete the pdf Adult Volunteer form (681 KB) and return to: St. Joseph’s. Volunteers who help all five days receive FREE registration for their children! Childcare is available for children under age 4.
Volunteers are requested to attend these meetings:
- Sunday, June 25, 1 p.m. at School of the Incarnation
- Saturday, July 8, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Decorating at School of the Incarnation
- Sunday, July 9, 1:30 - 4 p.m. Decorating at School of the Incarnation
Help is needed in the following areas:
- Are you a nurse or have First-Aid and CPR training? Volunteer as our Safety Specialist! We need an organized person to oversee medications, allergies, and handle minor medical emergencies.
- Love working with babies? We offer Child Care to our volunteers, and could use your help!
- Do you like food service? Our Snack Factory could use you as a volunteer. Prepare and serve snacks with a bible themed lesson, and ready the dining area for each group.
- Like to lead song and groove to the music? Help to start off the day with energetic songs to reinforce our Bible Point as a Sound Wave Sing & Play leader. And teach the crews different songs and movement.
- Want to bring the Bible to life? Bible Discovery volunteers do that every day with a new Bible Story to bring home the Bible point.
- If you love children, like to help others, and are supportive and encouraging you may want to be a Crew Leader. Crew leaders escort their group of children through the VBS station rotation daily.
- Do you like connecting kids to Justice? Kid Vid Cinema helps children understand our responsibility as Catholics to help others. Interesting videos reinforce the Bible Point and guide each crew in thought-provoking experiences.
- Do you like to do fun experiments? Imagination Station may be the right fit for you. Lead children in science-y fun activities to discover the Bible point in crazy ways! Share the extraordinary lives of the Saints of the Day.
- Do you have lots of energy? Game Makers helps kids connect with the Bible Point in play!
If you’re unable to be there that week, please consider helping with preparations and with decorations July 8 & 9:
- Are you an artist? We could give you some projects ahead of time to help us decorate!
- Do you like preparation? A few weeks before VBS, we would love help stuffing envelopes with t-shirts and instructions.
- Do you love to shop? We could use someone to do some grocery shopping for our daily snack.
- Are you creative? Join our Decorating Crew! We are decorating July 8, 9am – 12 pm and July 9, 1:30-4 pm
Teen Volunteers are needed to be Junior Crew leaders and help at the Stations. All pre-teens and teens entering grades 6-12 are welcome to apply! Please complete and return the pdf Teen Volunteer Form (692 KB) and return to St. Elizabeth Ann Seton or St. Joseph’s by May 30, 2017.
Teens who have not volunteered at VBS before OR who will be turning 14 before July 15 are required to attend ONE of the following meetings:
- Thursday, May 4 at 6:30 p.m. – St. Joseph’s Parish, Youth Room (Old Church up the hill, in the basement) OR
- Saturday, May 20 at 9 a.m. - St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish, Conference Room, Parish Center
All new students or students who will turn 14 before July 14 wishing to help at VBS will need to complete a VBS application and hand in all necessary paperwork before the deadline. All teens age 14 or over during VBS must have received appropriate Worthy of the Call training and paperwork processed. Worthy of the Call training is offered at the May 4 and May 20 meetings. Paperwork includes: Archdiocese of Baltimore Application for Volunteer Services and three written references (using the Archdiocese reference form).
For more information, contact Mary Oshiro at 410-721-5770 ext. 222 or firstname.lastname@example.org